- United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the healthcare staffing industry, is currently seeking experienced Health and Behavioral Paraprofessionals on behalf of the NYC Dept. of Education in Staten Island as well as the other NYC boroughs.
- Candidates with certifications MA, DSP, CNA and /or HHA are welcomed to apply.
- We have a special need for paraprofessionals in Staten Island that have a background in Health and Behavior health. The position entails working as a 1 to 1, with PreK or school-age students in the school setting. There are full time and part time opportunities available. Candidates must be patient and have a desire to work with special needs children, in addition to having the commitment and desire to make a difference in a child’s life.
Responsibilities for the Special Education Behavioral Health Paraprofessional
- Provide 1:1 support to PRE K and School-age children with health/emotional special needs for classroom setting or bus transportation.
- Monitoring student(s) health and emotional needs.
- Work closely with school staff including school nurse.
- Encourage student with academics and productivity in a structured learning environment.
- Ensure student safety during school hours.
Requirements for the Special Education Paraprofessional
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Personal or professional experience working with children that have: asthma, diabetes, seizures, food allergies (epi-pen), autism, or ADHD a plus.
- Fingerprinted with NYC DOE.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Direct Care worker (DSP) or Teachers Assistant certifications a plus.
Benefits for the Special Education Paraprofessional
- Flexible Shifts.
- Weekly Pay.
- Direct Deposit.
- Healthcare Benefits.
- Flexible Schedule.