United Staffing Solutions, a leader in the healthcare staffing industry, is currently seeking an experienced Surgical Technologist to work at one of the largest and most prominent health care systems in NYC, with positions available in all 5 boroughs.
Benefits for the Surgical Technologist
- Flexible Shifts.
- Weekly Pay.
- Direct Deposit.
- Paid Sick Leave.
- Healthcare Benefits
- Flexible Schedule
Responsibilities for the Surgical Technologist
- Maintain the sterile field throughout surgical procedures
- Scrub arms and hands according to established protocol
- Assist the surgical team with scrubbing in and putting on gloves and masks
- Pass surgical instruments to surgeons as needed during surgical procedures
- Hold retractors and complete additional tasks at surgeon’s request during procedures
- Handle tissue specimens obtained for laboratory analysis
- Count sponges, rags, needles, and instruments before, during, and after procedures
- Following surgeries, wash and sterilize all medical instruments and equipment
- Clean, organize and restock the operating room following surgical procedures
- Supply fluids for use during operations, including blood, glucose, plasma, and saline
- Prepare patients for surgical procedures
- Monitor patient’s’ vital signs throughout surgery
- Ensure proper operation of equipment such as lights and suction machines
- Offer technical assistance to the surgical team: surgeons, nurses, and anesthesiologists
Requirements for the Surgical Technologist
- A minimum of 1-year current experience
- Certified by the National Board of Surgical Technology a plus